Sunday, September 25, 2005

choclo sweet

The shrunkin Xs are very sweet- my strain is sweet while young- is more corny and starchy as it ages. Been thinking of my new grandson and his coming education. There is this silly controversy about "intelligent design", and behind the scenes, creationism. There was some of that when my daughter was going to the local schools. My attitude at the time was- I want to know what my daughter is being taught, and that I could get my education updated in the process. For the finer points of moral ,sexual, political, and historical education, I wanted to impart my spin on it and to know what , if anything was being taught. I have been particularly interested in Latin American history and my daughter is an historian and passes me books. What do you want to know more about? What interests your child? Get to know your child's teacher. Learn things with your child. What can I learn with my grandson?

No comments: